Strawberries must be one of the most popular fruits in the world. It's not just the delicious sweet taste - it's also the look of this wonderful, red, inviting berry which has made it a highly valued fruit over the centuries.
Ripe strawberries are so delicious they need only be accompanied by a little cream, sugar or perhaps some creme fraiche, followed by a glass of champagne.
If you are looking for different strawberry dessert recipes or want to be a little more adventurous, then why not try Chocolate Strawberries, easy to make and great for entertaining or picnics.
1. With the vanilla pod bring the milk to boil.
2. Once the milk is boiling take it off the heat and let it sit with the vanilla pod for 30 minutes.
3. Pour the milk through a strain to remove the vanilla pod.
4. Pour the milk into a bowl with the eggs and, with an electric whisk, mix together.
5. Pour the milk and egg back into the pan and heat slowly until it forms a thick custard.
6. Pour the custard into a bowl and allow it to cool.
7. Now using the electric whisk, again mix the cream until it stands in peaks.
8. Fold the custard, strawberry juice, icing sugar and cream together.
9. Using an ice cream maker, churn the mix for 30 minutes until the mixture holds its shape.
10. If you don't have an ice cream maker use an electric whisk until the mixture holds its shape, then pop it into the freezer for an hour and use the electric whisk again. Repeat several times until the ice cream is firm to touch.
11. Pour into a freezer container and freeze until firm to touch.
12. Serve with a few slices of fresh strawberries.
Flan dish 18cm
2. Melt the butter and mix with the biscuits.
3. Press the mix into a flan dish and leave to cool and set.
2. Once the jelly and water have cooled, add and mix the cottage cheese, lemon juice and rind.
3. Pour mixture over the base.
4. Cool in the refrigerator until set.
2. Heat until it thickens, stirring all the time.
3. Leave to cool.
Decorate the cheesecake with fresh strawberries and drizzle the glaze over the top.