Pineapple Upside Down Cake
This recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake was one of the first cakes I ever made as a young girl. It can be served cold, but when I first made it I served it hot with cream as a dessert. It is equally delicious served hot with custard.
14oz can pineapple rings
6oz caster sugar
10oz self-raising flour
2 level tsp baking powder
1¼ level tsp mixed spice
2oz ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F or gas Mark 4)
- Grease and line a 7" square cake tin
- Drain the juice from the can of pineapple and set aside
- Set aside around 6 pieces fruit for decoration
- Chop up the remaining pineapple
- Put the butter, eggs, sugar, 3 tbs pineapple juice in a bowl
- Sift in the flour, stirring in the mixed spice and baking powder
- Add the ground almonds and chopped pineapple
- Beat all the ingredients together for around 3 minutes
- Put the mixture in the tin
- Spread the top smoothly
- Place the pineapple pieces around on top
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 1¼ - 1 ½ hours until golden brown and firm to the touch
- Leave in the cake tin to cool for a few minutes
- Gently turn out onto a wire tray
- Remove the greaseproof paper and leave to cool
Enjoy your Pineapple Upside Down Cake!
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Homemade Cake Recipes.