Lemon Trifle RecipeGo straight to our recipes
A lemon trifle recipe must be one of the easiest but one of the most delicious recipes to make. There is no cooking involved so this is a recipe that your children can help with or even make themselves.
If you are having friends over, this recipe is a great dessert which can be made in advance, popped into the fridge then brought out when you are ready to eat it.
A little ice cream makes an ideal companion.
Benefits of lemon juiceBy using fresh lemon juice you know you are doing the best for your family as they will be brimming over with vitamin C. Vitamin C can help shorten the duration of colds and flu but it may also help prevent you getting them all together. Vitamin C helps with the production of collogen which helps healing cuts, broken bones and burns.
AntioxidantsAnyone worried about ageing should drink up their lemon juice as it's full of antioxidants which prevent free radicals from attaching themselves to our cells and causing damage. These antioxidants can help prevent arterial damage, heart disease, cancer, skin damage and some say they can help prevent cataracts forming.
Start the day with lemon JuiceLemon juice mixed with honey and warm water is a great way to start the day; it's also good for relieving constipation.
So now you know how good lemon juice is go ahead a make our lemon trifle and enjoy.
Lemon Trifle Recipe1 trifle bowl
1. Crush the ginger snap biscuits into small pieces and layer them in the base of the trifle bowl.
- 1 jar of lemon curd
- 2 cups of whipped cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 8 ginger snap biscuits
- lemon jelly sweets for decoration
2. Mix the whipped cream with the lemon juice before using half to layer the top of the biscuits.
3. Spoon the lemon curd onto the cream layer.
4. Layer the rest of the cream on top of the lemon curd.
5. Decorate with the lemon jelly sweets.
6. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for an hour or two so the ginger snaps can soak some of the cream up.
Serve our lemon trifle recipe chilled.
Return to top of this page: lemon trifle recipe
Other relevant pages:
Homemade apple pie recipes for you to enjoy
pumpkin pie spice recipe
quick and easy holiday desserts
easy apple pie recipe
Return to : easy summer desserts
Return to home page: fruit and vegetable recipes
Click to Print This Page