Potato salad is a classic and can be used as a side dish along with cold meats and chicken. It's also the perfect dish for barbeques and picnics. Why not pack some chicken drumsticks, spinach quiche or scotch eggs into your picnic basket to accompany your potato salad?
Potatoes contain vital carbohydrates loaded with vitamin C and B as well as iron and potassium.
There is nothing like the taste of fresh potato salad with its soft and crispy texture - in a mayonnaise sauce.
1. Cook the potatoes until they are tender. You should be able to slide a knife into them easily.
2. Allow the potatoes to cool before slicing into quarters.
3. Slice the onions, celery and mushrooms into small pieces.
4. Chop the eggs into small pieces.
5. Cover the vegetables with the vinegar.
6. Chill all the vegetables in the refrigerator for an hour.
7. Once chilled, mix the vegetables with the mayonnaise and mustard.
8. Season to taste.
9. Serve the same day.
1. Cook the new potatoes until they are tender and you can slide a knife into them easily.
2. Allow the potatoes to cool before cuting into thin slices.
3. Chop the onions and celery into small pieces.
4. Place the potatoes, onions and celery into a bowl and chill for one hour in the refrigerator.
5. When the vegetables are chilled, mix them with the sour cream and lemon juice.
6. Lastly mix in the crumbled blue cheese.
7. Keep chilled until you are ready to serve.
8. Serve the same day.
return from how to make potato salad to easy salad recipes
Click to Print This Page