How To Make CheesecakeGo straight to our recipes
On this page we are going to try and explain how to make cheesecake, not only perfectly but easily. The first recipe is made with fresh raspberries, the second with pomegranates - both completely different from each other.
Raspberry and Pomegranate
Fresh Raspberry Cheesecake 20cm deep cake tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- 14 rusks or trifle sponges
- 75g (6tbs) butter
- 2.5ml (1/2tsp) ground allspice
- 3 egg yolks
- 75g (6tbls) fine sugar such as caster
- 20g (3 envelopes) gelatine
- 2tbl water
- 250g (2 cups) cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2tsp grated lemon rind
- 450ml (1 pint) soured cream
- 250g (1/2lb) fresh raspberries
1. In a pan slowly melt the butter.
2. In a bowl mix the melted butter with the rusks and allspice.
3. Line the base of the cake pan with the mixture.
4. Allow to set in the refrigerator.
1. In a double boiler or a bowl over boiling water heat the egg yolks and sugar together, stirring all the time until the mixture thickens.
2. When the mixture is thick, stir in the gelatine until it dissolves.
3. Remove from the heat and add the cream cheese, vanilla, lemon rind and sour cream. Stir gently until well mixed.
4. Spoon the filling onto the base and put into the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving, top with fresh raspberries and a little cream.
Click to Print This Page
How to make Cheesecake - Pomegranate CheesecakeI just can't resist pomegranates but pomegranate cheesecake makes me think I am in heaven! Which is why I just have to let you know how to make cheesecake the pomegranate way! This particular recipe is made with oat cakes, coconut and orange juice - making it mouth watering.
23cm cake tin - greased.
- 225g oat biscuits
- 75g (1/3 cup) butter
- 45ml (3tbsp) orange juice
- 15ml (1tbsp) powdered gelatine
- 250g (1 cup) mascarpone cheese
- 200g (1 cup) full fat soft cheese
- 75g (3/4 cup) icing sugar
- 200ml (1cup) coconut cream
- 2 egg whites
Method in how to make cheesecake
- 2 pomegranates
- 1 orange
- 2tbls fine sugar such as caster sugar
- 1tbls arrowroot
1. Melt the butter and crumble the oat cakes. Mix together.
2. Press into the base of the cake tin.
3. Refrigerate until it sets, about 2 hours. 4. Place the orange juice in a pan and sprinkle the gelatine powder into the pan with it.
5. Heat the liquid until the gelatine dissolves.
1. In a bowl mix together the two cheeses, coconut cream and icing sugar.
2. In another bowl mix the egg whites until they form peaks.
3. Mix together the cheese mix and the orange and gelatine mix.
4. Gently fold in the egg whites.
5. Pour over the set base mix and pop back into the refrigerator.
1. De seed the pomegranate and place the seeds into a pan and add the orange juice and sugar. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the arrowroot and stir constantly as it thickens.
3. Spread the topping over the chilled cheesecake and enjoy eating this delicious pomegranate cheesecake.
Now you know how to make cheesecake: go and enjoy.
return from How To Make Cheesecake to Easy Summer Desserts