How To Make Carrot CakeGo straight to our recipes
If you have ever wondered how to make carrot cake then this web page is for you.
Carrot cake is not hard to make nor does it have an endless shopping list of ingredients, but it is delicious, especially if you top the cakes with frosting.
Frosting is made up from cream cheese and icing sugar producing a creamy sugary finish. What could be nicer?
In this recipe we have cut our homemade carrot cake into small slices as it is rather filling and at 300 calories a slice it needs to be carefully considered by slimmers.
Carrots are one of those vegetables which are wonderfully versatile and can be bought at any time of year. For any gardeners reading this, they can also be grown very easily and perhaps are even tastier to eat than the ones found in the supermarkets.
Although there are carrots included in this recipe it's only in your dreams that you can pretend that its good for you!
I have tried to make this recipe very simple to follow so that even an inexperienced baker can try making homemade carrot cake.
If you prefer a moist cake try adding a banana rather than the coconut. Although it will make the cake moist, you will not be able to store it as long.
How to make carrot cake A lightly greased square 20cm cake dish
Pre heat oven 180C 350F gas 4
- 125g self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 125g carrots
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 125g brown sugar
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 25g chopped walnuts and bigger pieces for decoration
1. Grate the carrots.
2. Sieve the flour, the salt and the cinnamon into a bowl.
3. Pour into the bowl the brown sugar.
4. Put the eggs and oil into the bowl and mix all the ingredients together.
5. Mix into the mixture the grated carrots, chopped walnuts and the coconut.
6. Pour the mixture into the greased cake dish.
7. Bake for 25 minutes in a pre heated oven.
8. Take the cake out of the oven after 25 minutes and allow to cool a little before turning out onto a wire mesh.
How to make carrot cake frostingIngredients
- 4tbls soft butter
- 50g soft cheese
- 225g icing sugar
- 1tsp lemon juice
1. Beat together all the ingredients until they are creamy.
2. When the cake is cold, spread the frosting over the top and then cut into individual slices. You should get about 12.
Now you know how to make carrot cake, enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee with friends or on your own. Just ENJOY!
Return to top of this page: how to make carrot cake
Return to : homemade cake recipes
Return to home page: fruit and vegetable recipes
Click to Print This Page