Christmas Party Appetizer RecipesGo straight to our recipes
A few Christmas party appetizer recipes are the easiest and best way to organise a festive party. Bowls of crisps and peanuts are ok but they are a bit monotonous and also heavy in calories and salt. The last thing you want in your home is people drinking too much because they have been eating salty foods.
We have put together exciting and easy and healthy appetizers to make your party go with a swing and also to suit any guests who are vegetarian or slimmers.
Planning, presentation and cleaning up is everything for a successful party.
1. Shop well ahead of your party so you don't have to rush out and buy last minutes panic items.
2. Plan your menu ahead and prepare food at least the day before.
3. Get your guests to bring some food, drink, crackers etc.
4. Place your food and drinks on/in colourful Christmas patterned paper plates/cups which can be thrown away afterwards.
5. Purchase a paper table cloth as this can help protect any good surfaces such as your dining room table and then can be thrown away.
6. Remember to put on some cheerful Christmas music to make your party go with a swing!
Christmas party appetizer recipes
Fruit and Ham Chunksserves about 15
Cut the melon and mango into square chunks.
- 120g thin ham
- ½ melon peeled and seeded
- 1 ripe mango peeled and stoned
Wrap a small piece of ham around every piece of fruit.
Thread the fruit and ham onto cocktail sticks.
Fruit SticksServed about 8
Brush the lemon juice over the banana to prevent it from discolouring.
- ½ mango, stoned and peeled
- 90g green and black grapes
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1tbls lemon juice
Thread one piece of each fruit onto bbq sticks.
Serve with honey and yogurt dip.
Honey and Yogurt Dip
Mix the yogurt and honey together and serve cold.
- 150ml natural yogurt - straight from the fridge
- 1tbls of honey
Cherry Stuffed Tomatoes
Half the tomatoes and take out the seeds.
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 45g cottage cheese
- 30g natural fromage frais
- 60g turkey pate
- 1tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1-2 drops lemon juice
- salt and pepper for taste
Mix all the other ingredients together to form a paste.
Season to taste.
Fill the tomatoes with the paste and serve with a sprig of parsley on the top.
I hope our Christmas party appetizer recipes help make your festive party a success.
Cocktail Sausages with a differenceOur Christmas party appetizer recipes would not be complete without cocktail sausages.
Roll the pastry out and cut into narrow small strips.
- 40 cocktail sausages
- 40 grapes
- 40 small square chunks of cheddar cheese
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
- Tomato sauce to dip them into
Brush the pastry with the milk.
Wrap the pastry strips around the sausages.
Bake for about 15 minutes.
Serve on a medium sized cocktail stick with a chunk of cheese and a grape.
Dip in tomato sauce just before eating.
Return to top of this page: Christmas party appetizer recipes
Other relevant page:
xmas cake recipe
christmas dessert ideas
trifle dessert recipes
Homemade apple pie recipes for you to enjoy
strawberry trifle recipe | homemade custard
easy strawberry shortcake recipe
strawberry dessert recipes | strawberry ice cream and strawberry cheesecake
how to make cheesecake | Fresh Raspberry Cheesecake and Pomogranate Cheesecake
Return to home page: fruit and vegetable recipes
Click to Print This Page