Cherry Tomato RecipesGo straight to our recipes
I have tried to put together some cherry tomato recipes which are a little different but not hard to make. Our first is Bruschetta which is everyone's favourite. The second is Chicken Cherry Tomato Couscous which is well worth the effort of making.
Cherry tomatoes are small and sweet and used to be thought of as a valuable prize amongst gardeners. It's well worth paying that little bit extra for these small tomatoes for their taste.
Bruschettais one of those cherry tomato recipes that you can have for brunch or lunch or enjoy it as an appetizer - delicious whatever way it's eaten
Method for bruschetta
- 150g 2/3 cup of dried cannelloni beans
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 3tbls olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2tbsp chopped rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of basil leaves
- 12 slices of ciabatta
- 1 large garlic clove
1. Soak the dried cannelloni beans in water overnight.
2. In the morning, drain the water from them.
3. Place in a pan of fresh water.
4. Bring to the boil and cook for about one hour on a low heat or until soft.
5. Drain when they are cooked.
1. Cut a little into the tomato skins.
2. Place them in boiling water and allow to soak for about 30 seconds.
3. Drain the water.
4. Peel the skins of the tomatoes.
5. Chop the flesh of the tomatoes.
6. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and cook - for about 2 minutes - the flesh of the tomatoes with the garlic and rosemary.
1. Add the tomatoes mixture to the beans.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Take the garlic clove and rub the bread with it on both sides.
2. Toast the bread.
3. Take the tomato and bean mixture and top the toast.
4. Drizzle a little olive oil over the toast. Don't be tempted to drizzle too much over the bruschetta.
Do you want to learn to cook like an Italian Mama? www.cookinvenice.com
Chicken Cherry Tomato CouscousThis is one of those cherry tomato recipes which any slimmer can eat without guilt at about 400 calories a serving. In fact anyone can eat and enjoy this. Light and tasty, it makes a great supper dish or a light lunch on a summer's day.
- 200g chicken breast fillets cut into 8 strips
- 50g sweet corn
- 2tsp of peanuts
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- fresh coriander leaves
- 4 strands of saffron
- 100g couscous
- 4tsp sultanas
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 2tsp fresh coriander leaves
- juice of a lemon
- 2tsp olive oil
1. Chop the tomatoes into quarters.
2. Chop the peanuts into small pieces.
3. Chop the spring onions into small pieces.
4. Make your vegetable stock with boiling water.
5. Put the saffron, couscous and sultanas into the boiling water to soak for 15 minutes.
6. Make the dressing while the couscous and sultanas soak by mixing together all the ingredients in a bowl.
7. In a frying pan, cook the chicken strips until they are cooked and brown.
8. Reducing the heat, add the sweet corn and the peanuts and cook for another couple of minutes.
9. Take a fork and add the couscous mixture to the chicken mixture, fluffing it up as you add it.
10. Add the tomatoes and the dressing with the spring onions.
11. Heat for another 2 minutes to make sure it's hot.
12. Garnish with coriander.
Enjoy your cherry tomato recipes!
Click to Print This Page
return from cherry tomato recipes to home page