Breakfast Trifle RecipeGo straight to our recipes
A breakfast trifle recipe is a perfect way to start any day: full of vitamins, minerals, fibre and carbs - what more could you ask for?
So Why Eat Breakfast?Many people don’t bother with breakfast. Maybe they don’t feel hungry first thing or maybe they roll out of bed and onto the bus to go to work without having the time for breakfast. The problem with this is that you are going to feel very hungry before lunch time and when you do eat you are going to eat much more than your body needs.
By eating breakfast you are giving your body the kick start it needs to get going. You might even be surprised to know you could lose weight by simply eating breakfast and therefore not being so hungry by lunch time when you might over-eat.
The Benefits of Breakfast Trifle Our breakfast trifle recipe is an ideal way to start any day, as it is full of fruit which will give you fibre, vitamins and antioxidants. Porridge oats or muesli give you slow burning carbs to keep hunger pangs away but not only that they help reduce cholesterol and of course they are also full of fibre. By using natural live yogurt you are helping your digestive system balance and control bacteria. Wake up just a little bit earlier so you can take your time and present your breakfast in some nice tall dessert glasses to make it something special.
Breakfast Trifle Recipe
Breakfast Porridge and Prune TrifleServes 2
You will need:
2 tall dessert glasses
- 8 strawberries - halved
- 200g natural low fat live yoghurt
- 50g porridge oats
- 50g dried chopped prunes
- 1tsp of honey
1. Mix the yoghurt with the honey.
2. Mix the porridge oats with the yoghurt.
3. Take two dessert glasses and layer half the strawberries into the bottom of each.
4. Now take half the prunes and make a layer on top of the strawberries.
5. Take half the yogurt mix and pour on top of the fruit.
Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 once more. Decorate the top with two strawberry halves.
Breakfast Fruit Salad TrifleServes 2
You will need
2 tall dessert glasses
- 2 bananas
- 12 seedless black grapes
- 2 strawberries
- 150g muesli
- 200g low fat natural live yogurt
- 1tsp honey
Mix the yogurt and honey together.
Mix the yogurt and honey with the muesli.
1.Chop the bananas into slices.
2. Cut the grapes in half.
3. Make a layer of half of the banana at the bottom of both dessert glasses.
4. Place a layer of 3 black grapes on top of the banana layer in each dessert glass.
5. Pour the muesli and yogurt mix on top.
Now repeat steps 3 and 4, before topping with one strawberry cut in half.
I hope you have enjoyed this breakfast trifle recipe.
Return to top of this page: breakfast trifle recipe
Return to home page: fruit and vegetable recipes
Click to Print This Page