Apricot Bread RecipesGo straight to our recipes
Make the time to bake our apricot bread recipes. The trouble with today's hectic life is there never seems to be the time for the little things which are so enjoyable. Take a little time out to not only enjoy making our recipes but to enjoy eating them. You can save money by doing a batch of baking all at once and freezing it so you can enjoy them at any time. Your family will really appreciate the efforts you have gone to and will love you for it. The time, effort and of course ingredients all go towards the final products.
Apricot Bread Recipes
Honey Apricot LoafYou will need:
Bread baking tin
Pre heat oven 350C 180F Gas 4
1. Soak the apricots overnight and then chop them into quarters.
- 360g or 2 ½ cups of self raising flour
- 1tsp of salt
- 3tsp of mix spice
- 120g or 1 cup of brown sugar
- 180g or 1 1/3 cup of clear honey
- 1 cup of dried apricots
- ¼ pint of milk
2. Mix the flour, salt, sugar and spice together.
3. Add the honey, apricots and milk.
4. Kneed the mixture well until a dough has formed.
5. Kneed the dough into a sausage shape long enough to fit the baking tin.
6. Place the dough into a bread baking tin.
7. Squash it down slightly so that it fills the tin.
8. Bake for about 75 minutes.
9. Take out of the oven and place on a wire tray.
10. Allow to cool and serve topped with a little butter.
Apricot CakeThe second of our apricot bread recipes is a light cake mixture.
The secret of a light tasty cake is in the mixing. Use an electric mixer if you have one. Make sure at every stage you give it a good mix to allow lots of air in.
You will need a:
bread baking tin
Pre heat oven 350F 180F Gas 4
1. Soak the apricots overnight.
- 140g or 1 cup dried apricots
- 140 g or 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soft margarine
- 1 egg
- 12tbls or 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100g or 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2. Chop the apricots into quarters.
3. Chop the walnuts into quarters.
1. Mix the sugar and butter together until it is creamy in appearance.
2. Mix the orange juice and egg into the sugar/butter mixture.
3. Mix in the flour and the salt until the mixture is creamy looking.
4. Mix into the cake mixture the apricots and the walnuts.
5. Pour into a bread baking tin.
6. Bake in pre heated oven for 50 minutes.
7. Check the cake is ready by piercing a knife into the middle.
8. The knife should come out clean.
9. If the knife has cake mix on it, bake for another 5 minutes.
10. Cool on a wire rack.
11. Once cool, wrap in foil to keep fresh.
Our apricot bread recipes are delicious if eaten hot straight from the oven.
Return to top of this page: apricot bread recipes
Other relevant page:
healthy carrot cake recipe
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
how to make carrot cake | homemade
best banana cake with chocolate icing
Return to : homemade cake recipes
Return to home page: fruit and vegetable recipes
Click to Print This Page